Sunday, August 9, 2009

What are your thoughts?

From Sarah's comment she asked 3 questions:
Are we going to earn credits when people order our items and then be able to spend those credits with anyone else in the group, or does the trade have to be straight across?
Well.. I'm still working on those details (I'm open to ideas) of how to be fair. Because here's a scenario and I'm wondering how to solve it. Sorry if it sounds like those math problems that we all hate....:
Jenny made handbags
Julie made hairbows
Jessica made Christmas tablecloths..
All 3 gals want one of Mildred's personalized wooden clocks
But Mildred's clocks are worth more than any of the other items AND she does not want one of Jenny's handbags.

So.... how do we make it fair for every person involved? That is why I thought we trade according to cost and if it's not possible then money must change hands. The goal is to work on trades with those who mutually would like each other's crafts or services. Anyone who has a better idea to do this PLEASE CALL ME OR EMAIL ME!!!
Also, can we make two items in hopes to appeal to more than one demographic?
Yes! By all means! Make as many quality items as you can! It makes it more likely that you will get items you want from others since they will have more crafts to choose from when you ask to trade.
Also, can my mom participate?
YES! Anyone who can get their stuff done by end of September to start showing around. That deadline may change depending on difficulty of items submitted and number of participants.

1 comments:

bow mom said...

I think that assinging a value to the item and then trading is the best. Say I want photoshopped stuff from someone (which I do!) I make vinyl and hairbows. I may have to trade 3 small bows and 2 large for the photoshop and still may need to pay some. It could turn in to a word problem say ms. photoshop wants someones bread and they want my bows we could trade trades if that made any since. YOU could do that with like play money I think I have it figured out in my head but, am not sure it would work.

What might be better than $$ amounts is calling it some other cute thing. like bones or service hours or Barter bucks or something

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger